Just thinking outloud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeprollling

Reaction score
anyone done this swap? what would be setbacks? I know mostly anything can be done with the right MOOOLA, but would it be feasible without winning the saturday night lottery. I would imagine the E4OD does not directly bolt up to it.

Ogeechee 4x4

Reaction score
the 4.6/5.4 modular engines are big engines. they're wider (and i think longer, too) than a 460. You'll probably want a 4r100 transmission for it, because like 92B.I.P. said your e4od has the incorrect bellhousing bolt pattern. For the money involved, you'll come out ahead by building a nice 351 and installing it.

Around 06 or so, someone bought a totalled 05 F150 4x4 and put the drivetrain and interior into a 78/79 bronco, but that's the only person that comes to my mind who has actually completed the swap. I'm sure someone around here has a link to it...

92bronco_in_progress

Yeah its a 92 bronco
Reaction score
the 4.6/5.4 modular engines are big engines. they're wider (and i think longer, too) than a 460. You'll probably want a 4r100 transmission for it, because like 92B.I.P. said your e4od has the incorrect bellhousing bolt pattern. For the money involved, you'll come out ahead by building a nice 351 and installing it.
Around 06 or so, someone bought a totalled 05 F150 4x4 and put the drivetrain and interior into a 78/79 bronco, but that's the only person that comes to my mind who has actually completed the swap. I'm sure someone around here has a link to it...
yes i forgot how big they are too......i don't think its the length its the width that would give you the problem, its not a 90 degree V8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23