Wire Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbad79

Reaction score
my bronco is eating through batteries. somehow its pulling power from the battery when the truck is off. i've checked the fuses by disconnecting the negative batt treminal and used a voltage reg but still nothing. how can find the problem without rewiring the truck? it also has a new voltage reg and new altenator

Last edited by a moderator:

4xfan78

Reaction score
I had that problem on my 79 bronco, I found that the brake peddle switch was not adjusted and was causing the brake lights to stay on. Not sure if you have this problem but it's worth checking.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Can you see a discharge registering on the amp meter? Sounds like you have a short, probably a positive wire that has rubbed thru and touching someplace on the chassis. Removing the negitive terminal won't help if that's the case. If it's not a dead short or if the short is ahead of the fuse block no fuse will pop. Give a carefull look at the wire harness, roll it over especially any place it is directly touching metal.

Good Luck,

:)>-

Ziggy

Reaction score
One way to look for the short is to turn the ignition off, take a test light and touch the probe end to each fuse, if you get juice on fuse that normally shouldn't have juice until key is turn on, that circuit has a short in it. Then go from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat