What To Do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 71 bronco with the inline 6 and the orignal 3 speed. I want to put another trans in it but not sure what to put in it. Does anybody know what would be best to put in it and where can I find it. It has a Ford 9" rear and a dana 44 front.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
In order to help you decide, we need to figure out what trans is best for your planned use of the Bronco.

What are you using the truck for?

Do you need over drive for the highway (your diffs probably have 4.10 gearing)

Do you want an auto?

Most of the swap "kits" are designed for V-8 or V-8 conversions, are you planning to swap a 302 or 351 into your EB in the future? ( the six cyl trans has a shorter adaptor housing than the V-8 trans.) I am not sure if there are even any swap kits available for the six cyl EBs.

Check out the Advance adaptors Website or any of the EB parts houses ( Jeffs, wildhorses, Duffs, Toms Bronco parts etc...) you should be able to find some good info at any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest_950676

Thanks for the help. I plan on doing alot of fourwheeling and that is going to be what it is used for but I plan on driving it to the trail so I will need an overdrive. Thanks for the help I am looking on the sites you told me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula