What is this supposed to connected to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimC25

Reaction score
Need a little help. I pulled off the intake plenum and valve covers on my ‘89 with a 302. Once I got everything off, I noticed some hoses that come from the pollution control stuff on both sides of the engine and come together at the back of the engine. After coming together at a fitting, another hose goes down about 6 inches and Just stops. It has a hose clamp attached, so I know that it is supposed to be attached to something, but there is nothing there. Pic is attached. Does anyone know what this is supposed to be attached to? Sorry, the pic is sideways, But it it is the hose coming down from the fitting marked BK. Thanks

Attachments

• 72F96BB6-6FC6-4027-8401-63BF7C4C802F.jpeg
    72F96BB6-6FC6-4027-8401-63BF7C4C802F.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
J

JimC25

Reaction score
I think I’ve figured out a little more now. I believe this is part of the thermactor air system and the hose that is coming down From the valve (Part # BK S-3092) which is attached to nothing is supposed to go to the catalytic converters. i can‘t find any hose or attachment to hook it too though. If I’m right and maybe the previous owner got rid of some of the pollution control, can I just leave it hanging, should I plug it or do I need to hook it to something else? Thanks for any help with this!

GunnySutton

Reaction score
Need a little help. I pulled off the intake plenum and valve covers on my ‘89 with a 302. Once I got everything off, I noticed some hoses that come from the pollution control stuff on both sides of the engine and come together at the back of the engine. After coming together at a fitting, another hose goes down about 6 inches and Just stops. It has a hose clamp attached, so I know that it is supposed to be attached to something, but there is nothing there. Pic is attached. Does anyone know what this is supposed to be attached to? Sorry, the pic is sideways, But it it is the hose coming down from the fitting marked BK. Thanks
That goes to a pipe that comes up from your exhaust next to the 02 sensor down below

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke