What Do U Think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CURSED BRONCO

Reaction score
after im done playing around with my fullsize, i plan on building a pre-runner

i either want to do it with a bronco 2 or explorer, what do u guys think? Which

one should i tear up?

kikenhorse

Motor Man
Reaction score
So much depends on how much is in your wallet.

I am sure you can build up the B2 for less than 1/2 the Explorer. Lots of B2 used parts around. On the trails they are shorter, narrower and easier to work on and wench.

Thats my 2 cents.

If you have the bucks go for it...

Manimal

Reaction score
If cost is of no object to you, go with what you prefer. On the other hand, if you're short on cash, go for the Explorer. It's basically a Bronco II with stronger parts: Dana 35 front axle, 4.0 v6, 8.8" rear, and tougher manual and automatic transmissions. My suggestion would be a 91-94 2-door Explorer sport with a 5-speed and manual T-case. Kinda hard to find, but a killer base for a good rig.

Nate

Reaction score
i used to own a prerunner explorer ... and it rocked ... the only problem was i rolled it on a highway ... the explorer has quite a few more parts than the b2 ...

like manimal said ... its a heavier duty suv

i really enjoyed the ex ... so its a good idea for sure ... cuz i dont just like anything

Manimal

Reaction score
Yeah that's a thing that sucks about lifted B2's and Explorers.. They like to "float" on the highway, and are sometimes a little hard to control above 60mph.

It's not so much an issue of body roll. These trucks really need steering stabilizers if you're gonna cruise with a lift.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23