VIN Locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

william.jones2

Reaction score
Where can I find the VIN on my Bronco besides the plate in the glove box? Any other locations that it might be stamped? I am trying to verify the year of my Bronco, it is supposed to be a '67. The VIN ends with C70969. Thanks.

Bill

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
Stamped in the engine compartment, on top of the passenger side framerail, about a foot in front of the firewall. Hard to find and even harder to read. You'll need to wirebrush it to read it.

OP
OP
W

william.jones2

Reaction score
Okay, I found the VIN on the passenger side frame rail in the engine compartment and it matches the one on the glove box door. There was not one on the driver's door post nor the driver's side kick panel, at least not visible, it could have been painted or filled in.

More questions concerning the VIN (U15FLC70969). My title says 1967 but, according to the VIN numbers on Bronco.com it is supposed to be a '68. Any thoughts on that? And there is a star at the end of the VIN on the frame rail. Does that signify anything? And lastly, how can I figure out what came standard from the factory with my Bronco?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Bill

S_bolt19

Reaction score
To get all the original specs, look at the VIN plate in the glovebox and post those up with what ever category they are listed under. But from your VIN U15FLC70969, I read it like this:

U15 - U-100 Wagon

F - 170 CI - inline 6 cylinder

L - Michigan Truck (Built in Michigan)

C70969 - January of 1968 Build

What that tells me is that the dealer registered it as a 67 but that Ford put it on the build sheet for 68. So technically it is a 67 because it has probably been registered as that since it was originally sold, but from Ford, it is a 68. You can also call Ford at 1-800-392-3673 and get a free build sheet for your rig. Takes about a month, but it is a genuine Ford spec sheet.

Bronc76

Reaction score
D99_ _ 9 looks to be a '69.(cant read some of numbers) I think if it was a '74 the last 6 digits if VIN would start with an 'S' thru 'V'.

redfishtony

Reaction score
Just came across this and thought it was interesting. I have D99395 which was made in September of 1969, 324 broncos before yours. Just thought that was cool.

Trey11

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this form. I recently purchased a 69 bronco and am having trouble finding the vin location on the frame rail. Does anyone have a pic of where exactly to look? I cleaned up my passenger side frame rail in engine bay but I still not seeing it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Where can I find the VIN on my Bronco besides the plate in the glove box? Any other locations that it might be stamped? I am trying to verify the year of my Bronco, it is supposed to be a '67. The VIN ends with C70969. Thanks.

Bill
Go to you tube and they will show you. The numbers in the glove box,on the door post and near the firewall are WARRANTY NUMBERS. The serial number are on 3 location on TOP of the frame. Look up BRONCO BASIC--YOU TUBE

DonH

Reaction score
My 67 has a ID plate driver side near parking brake.

Don

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke