Transsmison Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

urbanhick

Reaction score
I have just recently bought a 69 bronco and im running 35" bfg muds on it. My goal is to build a verey capabile rock/trail rig. My question is on swaping out my 3 spd(which has been convertid to a floor shift) to a 5spd. Im looking a swaping in a nv3550 trans from broncograveyard. Its a 1/4 inch shorter the the 3spd and an in taller. Will i need to do any driveshaft mods to run this tranny and will this tranny mate right up to my 302 and danna 20 t-case with out any extra bracets of fabrication. Thank you for all you help.

please feel free to e-mail me with any advice @ [email protected]

STLKIKN

Reaction score
First off... Welcome to the zone!!

As for your questions...

The NV3550 kit that you mention (Graveyard pn 11350

or Advance adapters pn 27-3520) is supposed to be a complete bolt in with all necessary adaptors, crossmember,shifter and clutch conversion pieces. ( I haven't installed mine yet, just got my 3550s today (have two trucks to convert)

Although I did do a 3550 conversion into a Scrambler last week and the AA kit was, as stated very complete.

As for your driveshafts... at 1/4" difference, with STOCK/ factory you should not

have a problem.

But since you have 35's on the truck right now, there is most likely already some lift in your truck and your shafts have probably previously been modded. You will need to install the kit, and then determine whether or not further changes will be necessary.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar