Trails In Ok

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
any one been wheelin' in the ft.sill/lawton area?my truck is going through withdrawls since i left tenn.

mstark

Reaction score
I'm not sure where that is at....but, if it is near Clayton...Clayton is a great place to wheel!!!!! We went there for a weekend of the OCB RoundUP and I rode up Magazine Mt. in Rick's (sorry no last name) rear steer rig and sure enough they put in some stuff about me in the 3rd issue of Bronco Driver.. i highly suggest that area of Ok. B)

OP
OP
H

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
i'm about an hour north of wichta falls texas,and about an hour west of ok city.

in the middle of nowhere.i'm kinda new to this area and it seems that there isn't very many wheelers around here.there are plenty of z71's with lift and tires but everytime i ask some one about it they tell me some guys field or they don't wheel.

thanks any way i'll have to check it out see how far it is from me.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
hightboy, not to far from ya in Texas is a spot to go in munster i believe is how it's spelled. they do everything from wheelin to ATV's there.

foghorn

Reaction score
Check out www.trailchasers.com their an Oklahoma City based 4wd club. I've been on several of their runs and it's always a good time.... They did a run last year down near Ft. Sill but I missed it. there is a link on thier site to the run. Also Clayton and Poteau areas have some great trails. And Disney is Awsome. Try to hook up with us if you can....Their always raggin me as the only fullsize in the club--------Take care---Fog

bigfugly

Reaction score
Do a search on clayton OK I grew up down there(my granparents have a 275 acre ranch and a few ponds/lakes about 21 m se of clayton which is the nearest town) It is one of the best places in the COUNTRY to offroad(prob top 5 if you actually rated) and if I am guessing you are probably about 3-4 hours or less from there.

E

EASY MONEY THE EASY WAY (LIFETIM

EASY MONEY THE EASY WAY (LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY)

PRINT AND READ IT CAREFULLY!!!

Here

Fordzilla

Reaction score
Nice to see you over here, Fog. Since Fog didn't mention it, the only place in the OKC area that I've found to wheel thus far, is along the south side of the Canadian river (south of Reno) between Macarthur and Meridian. You can access it from Enterprise drive, driving westbound from Meridian, it opens up to a dirt trail, but you will have to cross the river over the spillway to get to the trails on the south side of the river. (unless the river is swelled, its not really that tough)

You can get to them from Macarthur by driving south of the river; you will find a dirt trail leading eastbound from Macarthur just about across the street from the 7-11 there; its a little rough going until you get back on flat land from the heavy-hitters that have dug deep ruts with their excessively lifted trucks, but if you take it slow, you can drive between the ruts.

I've heard that there's another spot near Reno and County Line Road (also by the river) but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet myself. If I do, I'll post about it here.

alfyiav

Reaction score
I used to go 'froadin right on Ft. Sill, before the MP's started crackin down on us, and when I had a 4x4 here.

texan79&96

Reaction score
are you talkin about bulcher? my girlfriends dad is there every weekend helpin oprganize events hes a big enduro nut. they almost never let trucks in there but they do a jeep thing every now and then i think. its 2500 acres of trails ive been lost in there more than once. if sometime we could get lots of people together willing to pay like $8 for the day maybe i could get him to talk to the owner to let everyone bring thier trucks out there for a day or weekend. i think it would be a blast unless someone got bogged in quicksand there but its mostly just in one creek. its near munster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23