Tire Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
Ya, I wonder about road noise, too. I have to drive to and from my apartment near school every week, and that's 30 minutes, not to mention the other times, like this Thursday I'm driving about 200 miles each way to go party with my friends back at school. I don't wanna have it decrease gas mileage too much, add road noise, and wear quickly. So do those Mickey Thompsons do okay in those aspects? I don't think I'll go too wide on them, either. Otherwise, I'm still thinking about getting BFG A/T, since I still haven't seen any mud in my truck. Trying to keep it looking good, so I don't wanna get it too dirty, but gotta do it if I'm under peer pressure... :D/

From reading what I've typed before, I guess I mainly want a road tire, but one that looks bad@$$ and is fairly good in the mud. I don't wanna be annoyed from the sounds like I am in my brother's Cavy:

207734_65_full.jpg

Before he installed his full exhaust and glasspack it sounded high-pitched and buzzy like a Civic... :-& Now it's a low drone, but still annoying for driving on the highway.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Big Stu with a 1988

Guys I need help i got a 1988 Eddie Bauer addition that i got from one of my football coachs and i want to make it look nice my parents on the other hand kinda really dont want me to. They dont want me to be redneck, but i am not trying to be i just want it to look nice an be something i like. I want a small lift but dont have a lot of money an i want some good tires like some 33's. Can yall please help me out.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
For an all-terrain tire, the BFG AT's are a good choice. So are the Pirelli Scorpions, which I had on my Bronco before the lift. I do not like the Goodyear Wrangler AT's, as I have ruined too many a new one on gravel roads. The BFG MT's are a great mud tire, but the copies like the Mud Kings I have now are nearly as good. Several friends run the Buckshot Mudders and say they are good tires. The best mud tire I found was the 8-ply Kelly Safari DTR's, but can't get them any more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23