The term EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
I see in alot of post lately especially by new people they will say they have a 91 EB or an 89 EB . To me the term EB stands for early bronco which would fall into the 66 to 77 model years . Sooooo Im asking that everyone that is asking for help please not describe your truck as an EB unless it falls into the model years 66 to 77 so that people looking to help you dont get sidetracked by the description and decide not to add there input . I dont know much about the Early broncos as I dont have any of them so when I see a post that says I need help with a EB I tend to skim over them whereas if it said I need help with an 89 I would look more closely. Thanks :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Shadow_D

Reaction score
You're right Blade but I see EB as Eddie bauer over here. Maybe it is just me but I do go to the Early Bronco side of this forum so it wouldn't confuse me.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Im with blade, eddie bauer was just a trim package and is confusing for us that do think of eb as early bronco. :wacko:

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY...! EB = EARLY BRONCO

Eddie Bower is an after-market concern & not a Ford Subsid.

I wouldn't say "help me with my JBG" because I trimmed it out with with a bunch of stuff from Jeffs.

Glad to see this finally cleared up. In fact, ALL NEW POSTERS/MEMBERS

need to include as much info. possable to obtain reliable help.

The "signature box" really helps for this.

Bob

wtfdissux

Reaction score
I agree entirely about the "EB" issue and want to thank BULLY BOB for the idea with the signature box it also makes posting easier ....less to type for those of us that can work maricles with a hammer and bar but still fumble with a key board

404PageNotFound

Reaction score
I thought it stood for Easter Bunny.
26138[/snapback]

why not just solve the problem by having everyone spell out their different version(s) of "EB"?

abbreviations **** anyways.

see sig

bidibronco

Reaction score
I always thought of it as Eddie Bauer as well. Since you always have the XLT; Custom and all that good s**t. Maybe I'm just weird or something. My Bronco says Eddie Bauer and my seat has it sewn into them. @-)

351windsorbronco

Reaction score
true dat dawg, i think of it as Eddie Bauer as well, lol

but i don't go into the early bronco forums, so that is usually the case

Truck

Reaction score
I see in alot of post lately especially by new people they will say they have a 91 EB or an 89 EB . To me the term EB stands for early bronco which would fall into the 66 to 77 model years . Sooooo
...by giving the year you can pretty much tell if it's an "Early Bronco" or an "Eddie Bauer"? There weren't any 66 EB EBs, you know.*

I'm not sure what entails the Eddie Bauer package other than the cosmetic stuff, but it's handy to tell an "EB" from an "XLT"

*Technically, early Bronco wouldn't necessarily be capitalized anyway.

Justbust1n

Reaction score
Im with blade, eddie bauer was just a trim package and is confusing for us that do think of eb as early bronco. :wacko:
wouldnt you know it was an early bronco by the decription of the year???? i mean you can have a 94 ford bronco but without them sayin EB you wouldnt know it was Eddie Bauer but if someone said i got a 66-77 bronco or they are in the 66 -77 bronco fourm you would know it was an Earily Bronco ...wouldnt you??? but whatever ...lol b-(

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Eddie Bower was just a trim package, nothing different mechanically. Some of us go to the Early Bronco Forums and not every member puts up their trucks info in the signature. So lets keep EB as Early Bronco...

Seabronc

Reaction score
wouldnt you know it was an early bronco by the decription of the year???? i mean you can have a 94 ford bronco but without them sayin EB you wouldnt know it was Eddie Bauer but if someone said i got a 66-77 bronco or they are in the 66 -77 bronco fourm you would know it was an Earily Bronco ...wouldnt you??? but whatever ...lol b-(
The whole language is understood in context, isn't it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . There are tons of terms that are only properly understood when attached to other information that helps sort out it's meaning :-B . So yah, EB when in context with a 78+ Bronco means Eddie Bower and when associated with pre 78 means Early Bronco.

The problem in the forum is that people make posts with EB in it and don't include the year of the truck. They also sometimes do the same and put the post in the wrong forum section. Maybe we should require the truck year and engine data in the registration information as a required field and then display it in the signature.

:)>-

Justbust1n

Reaction score
The whole language is understood in context, isn't it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . There are tons of terms that are only properly understood when attached to other information that helps sort out it's meaning :-B . So yah, EB when in context with a 78+ Bronco means Eddie Bower and when associated with pre 78 means Early Bronco.

The problem in the forum is that people make posts with EB in it and don't include the year of the truck. They also sometimes do the same and put the post in the wrong forum section. Maybe we should require the truck year and engine data in the registration information as a required field and then display it in the signature.

:)>-
thanks for lookin at my side and clearing that up for me , so people will know where i am comming from... you da man .. :D/ thanx again

Seabronc

Reaction score
Eddie bauer is a paint scheme/trim pieces and has no relevance to ANYTHING mechanical.
So what has that got to do with the original request by Blade262 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Since most people probably won't read this thread anyway, maybe there is a more creative way to solve the problem. It is no different than posting in the wrong forum or failing to say what year and model their truck is when posting. Blades request is reasonable, but I'm afraid it will not be paid much attention. A newbee, that has a 89 Eddie Bower, doesn't necessarily know that when it is called an EB, it may be construed as a Early Bronco.

Justbust1n

Reaction score
So what has that got to do with the original request by Blade262 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Since most people probably won't read this thread anyway, maybe there is a more creative way to solve the problem. It is no different than posting in the wrong forum or failing to say what year and model their truck is when posting. Blades request is reasonable, but I'm afraid it will not be paid much attention. A newbee doesn't necessarily know that has a 89 Eddie Bower when called an EB may be construed as a Early Bronco.
Thank you

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
There are over 1000 views so obviously someones reading this, its inane to classify something by a trim package. The ONLY absolute time it would matter is if they were looking for a tire cover or seat with a tree sewn into it. This topic needs to stay closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke