Swapping Out The ****** Hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azrockrat

Reaction score
ok guys i have the ****** style hubs on my 87 what all am i going to need to swap out for a noprmal set of hubs from like a 89 or 90

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I think evreything form the spindle on out, or just swap in a "normal" TTB axle or straight axle. You could find either unit for the same price as the ****** hubs. I sold my 88 front axle to a guy with those rare hubs like yours.

OP
OP
A

azrockrat

Reaction score
ok thanks randy i got some shafts here from another d-44 ttb that should work. now just to figure out if i want to go solid or just get the parts and do the swap

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
Az, come on now... ya know ya want that solid 44 up front. think how much easier to keep that frontend alined with it. plus give you a reason to lift it more. since you need atleast 4" of lift for the solid to clear the cross member. if you can find a 77.5-79 donner to pull d44,R-arms and mounts your set. besides trac bar from a mid 80's to 97 F350. or go D60! $-)

OP
OP
A

azrockrat

Reaction score
that would be nice but i dont have the cash for a sas much less 6 inches of lift that it would need to clear the x member

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23