Shop Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoscare

Reaction score
[-o< Does anyone know where I can find a "Ford" parts book/manual for my 91 bronco. The big thick ones they use at the dealerships!!??? [-o<

Shadow_D

Reaction score
You could keep an eye on eBay but they don't show up too often. Your other alternative is to go to the parts counter at your local Ford Dealership (This is what I did) and ask them to order one for you. Keep in mind that this will cost you between $70.00 & $100.00, I think it is worth it to get a new one from them as it should have the latest info that may have come out. Mine is a 2 book set and that cost me $75.00 back in November of 2000. It might be bigger & cost more now.

You could try going to the publisher directly but I don't know if they will sell to the public.

Helm Publication Division

14310 Hamilton Ave.

Highland Park, MI 48203

Let us know how you make out and what they charge you.

Good Luck

Seabronc

Reaction score
Parts books are extreemly rare and pretty expensive when you do find them. I have the parts books for 80 - 86. I baught it from one of the dealers that specializes in that type of book on ebay. They cost me $140.00 for the pair, but well worth it. He had them up for auction, but no one met his reserve. I emailed him afterward and asked him just how much he wanted and that was his reserve price.

The parts manuals are about 3 inches thick each, one is an illustration book and showing the parts and basic part numbers, and the other contains the partnumber based on application, modle and year. So you find the part you are looking for in the first one and then go to the same section of the other book to find the actual partnumber for your vehicle. The parts guys love
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' /> it when you show up with the actual part number and they don't have to do all the research.

Shop manuals on the other hand are advertised quite often. Again I have a complete set so for all five books, (volume A - Body, Chassis, Electrical; volume B - Engine, volume C - Pre-delivery, ***** Maintenance; volume HT Emissions Diagnosis; EVTM - Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual). Of these the single most valuable ones, atleast for me, has been the EVTM and volume HT. That doesn't mean the others aren't great also, just that I use those two volumes the most. The others have great blow ups showing all the parts say for example the engine or the axles, etc. I'm not sure what the five cost me but it was in the area of $35 - $40 apiece.

The one thing I will say for them all is that they are far superior to haveing a Haynes or Chiltons. Haynes and Chiltons, ( which I have both of), are a readers digest version of the shop manuals and for quick reference are OK but they don't get into the nitty gritty of the subjects they cover. Haynes and Chiltons are about 3/4 of an inch thick while the total of the shop manuals is about 10 inches and loaded with diagrams.

Well, all that dribble :rolleyes: . Go to ebay and search on Shop Manual and then EVTM. If you don't find your truck there, contact one of the advertisers and ask if they have the manuals but just don't have them listed yet. Even if they don't you can probably get them to alert you if they get a set.

Good luck,

:)>-

Seabronc

Reaction score
I agreee with Shadow_D, if you can get a new set go for it. However, the ones I got were in excellent condition and as far as a partnumber change, they do that every day. They will still have to look it up to see if it is good or a substitute number is available.

Sample of a EVTM page

OP
OP
Broncoscare

Broncoscare

Reaction score
Ok, I called the dealership and they said they would have to call the comany and see if they could even order just the year section I needed, b/c the whloe set was like $300. He also tells me that they have just about converted everything to CD now.

So he calls me back 30 mins later and says that the comany is out and they will no longer print the manuals. Later that day my father told me he found someone ** made a very good copied version for like90 some bucks. He ordered it yesterday, I should have it by monday I am gussing.

I will let you know thise persons info when I get it incase anyone else is looking for a manual. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh yea , checked Ebay too but didn't see what I was lookin'

Windchaser

Reaction score
Cool, glad that worked out for ya. Be sure to let us know because I could sure use one, but I would need to order for an 88 Bronco and a 89 F250 since that is what my engine came from... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seabronc

Reaction score
I'm not completely sure, but I think that autobooksbishko is the guy I got my parts catalogs from. I looked up mytruck and from the description they are the same catalogs I have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23