Rear Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTank

Reaction score
The rear glass in my 83' bronco goes down very slow.I need to take the panel off to see whats the problem. Someone once told me that the power has no ground wire so thats why it goes slow? is that true or is something just broken... <):)

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Take off the inner panel, and **** the regulator. Some WD-40 on the side tracks may help, too, if they're caked up with dust. Use alot... If that doesn't help, the motor or it's drive gear may be wearing out. It's not real easy to change, just tie up the regulator arms if you remove the motor as they are under heavy tension.

BK85

Reaction score
Open the gate. With a heavy screwdriver or somthing, trip the latches on the sides of the gate so it thinks its closed. than raise the window till the motor is acessable. I did this when I removed and re-greased the motor and didn't have a problem with the regulators snaping shut. Mine is slow as well, but the main problem is the weather stripping on the inside and outside of the window getting hard. Mine is so hard that when some gravel got on it, the window got scratched. Now I need weather stripping and a new window!!

BK85

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat