Rear Drive Shaft For 85 F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piker0680

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knows which drive shaft is more trustworthy, the slip yoke or the ****** type. I just bought my truck and I really don't know much about it. I've heard from other Ford truck fans that the ****** type is better is that true? I have the high output 5.8 and I'd really appreciate it if any other advise could be given on making it a solid truck again. :-&

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' /> .

It can certainly be made into a solid machine again. I did it with a 1983 Bronc. Why do you want to change the drive shaft :unsure: ? If it's not broke don't fix it [-X , you probably have other issues that warrent attention, like rust :-& . The shaft has two grease fittings on it, one at each end. Give it a shot or two on a regular basis and as long as it has'nt been neglected it shouldbe fine. If neglected too long the universal joints will freez up :mad: . I had to replace my shaft for that very reason, but I used an OEM spec shaft. That shaft is fine for normal operation.

Good luck and post some pictures as you go.

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23