Rear Angle Axle Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco78

Reaction score
Help !

I recently sent out my differential and had it converted to a posi-traction carrier.

When I started to re-install, I couldn't recall how the angle blocks are oriented between the differential and the leaf springs.

Is the tall part of the angle block positioned at the rear with the small (low) end pointing toward the front, or is the tall part of the wedge oreinted toward the front of the vehicle?

I'm using stock spring height with no after market body lift.

At the moment I've installed the angle block wedges with the tall part at the rear, however the axle/differential seems canted upward. However, it is still on jack stands and I can't tell if this will shift into proper position once it's supporting the weight of the vehicle.

I'd rather get it right ther first time, but none of my manuals shows the level of detail for me to see how the angle blocks are oriented.

Anybody out there got a stock 1978 that could take a quick look at the wedges and

tell me what the proper postioniong is?

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
Like this - the tall part of the angle block positioned at the rear with the small (low) end pointing toward the front

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo