Oil Pan Removel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wingsfan14

Reaction score
91 Bronco EB, 5.0l 302... how in the world do i getthe oil pan out so i can replace the gasket???

I removed the left and right motor mount bolts, lowered the exhast and raised the engine as far as it will go, the pan will clear the bell housing but is at to much of an angle to pull out since front part of pan is getting caught???

Please help, am i missing somethiong else i have to remove to get engine higher to take it off?

Gooch1962

Reaction score
91 Bronco EB, 5.0l 302... how in the world do i getthe oil pan out so i can replace the gasket???
I removed the left and right motor mount bolts, lowered the exhast and raised the engine as far as it will go, the pan will clear the bell housing but is at to much of an angle to pull out since front part of pan is getting caught???

Please help, am i missing somethiong else i have to remove to get engine higher to take it off?

31351[/snapback]

On my 93 Ford Flareside 4x4, w/5.0, I just had to lower the pan to replace the gasket. I used a 1 piece gasket, just cleaned everythin up really good and worked the gasket over the pan up to the block, I did not have to remove any mounts or raise the engine. If you are replacing the complete pan, I believe you need to unbolt the oil pump and then remove the pan with oil pump in the pan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23