No power steering.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice1232

Reaction score
I have a 1979 Bronco with a power steering problem.I have replaced the pump and still had the same problem and someone told me that the problem could be in the gearbox so i replaced that too and i still have the same problem.I can jack the front end up and the steering works fine.I read in a shop manual that bad ball joints can cause this so i am going to try that.Any ideas?Is there any truth to the bad ball joint theory?

69bronc347

Reaction score
sounds like you replace everything in the system, except for lines, could possibly have a collapsed line, have you bleed all the air out of the lines, does the system kind growl at you? there is a spring loaded poppet valve that sometimes needs to switched but not always, the ball joint idea is if it doesnt steer at all, i have hardly ever seen a gear box cause this, its usually allways a pump, how did you itstall the pulley and remove the old one

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph