New to the club!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverbronco

Reaction score
94_Bronco_XL.jpg94_Bronco_XL__2.jpgGood evening everyone!

I just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself. I'm a long-time Bronco lover and I'm currently on my second. My new love is a '94 Bronco XL with the 5.0. It has 95,000 miles and runs strong. It has a 6" Superlift kit and 37x13.5 Pro-comp X-Terrains. The front and rear axles have been re-geared at 4.88 with an electric locker in the rear. It currently has auto hubs, but I hope to switch them to manuals soon. The vinyl bucket seats have been replaced with XLT cloth seats and a center console. I kept the vinyl flooring because it's so much easier to clean than the carpet. I miss the electric windows and locks, but I always seemed to have problems with them. I think sometimes simplicity is the better way to go. It has a Pioner stereo system which sounds pretty clean, but could be up-graded. It also has a brush-bar with Hella lights, but I think a beefy bumper and grill guard are what this beast needs. This beauty is in great shape and has come a long way, but I have many plans in store for her.

I mentioned I'm on my second Bronco, my first was taken from me on a wet December morning in '03. It was a '90 Bronco XLT with the 5.8. It ran great and I added a few things here and there to beef up its performance. I installed a computer programmer, MSD ignition system, K&N air performance kit, JBA shorty headers, and custom exhaust. I installed a 4" Rancho Suspension Liftkit with 33" BFG All-Terrains. I put on Bushwacker flares and a Yakima bike/kayak rack on top. It also had a 10 disc Kenwood stereo with 12" subs and a Rockford Fosgate 1000 watt amplifier. It was a mighty fine vehicle and I was very sad to lose it. However, I got back on the "horse" and I am enjoying the bronco life-style once again.

Thanks again for your time and I hope to chat with you from time to time about our "babies."

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone > . That's a real sweet looking truck :-B . I agree with you about simplicity as far as electric stuff goes, that's one of the things I like about my truck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . It keeps the number of annoying failures down :mad: .

Good luck,

:)>-

brian_n_texas

Reaction score
Don't think I have ever seen a silver Bronco around here. One thing about you CA folks: every time I see CA license plates on the highway around here it's always a really sharp vehicle!

Welcome to the Zone!

BNT

OP
OP
silverbronco

silverbronco

Reaction score
Thanks Brian, I'm happy to be here. The nice thing about silver is that it does'nt show the dirt and grime as easy. However, a nice mud bath is good to show off once in awhile. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

fearxfour1995

Reaction score
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hey Fellow Broncomainiacs, I have visited this site before, but this is my 1st introduction. I love this site, your helpfull insights have helped me ALOT! I hope to maybe return the favors with my tips too.

OP
OP
silverbronco

silverbronco

Reaction score
Thanks Silicon, your truck is looking pretty good too. What kind of mods are you thinking about doing to it?

Since you asked, here's the story of how I totalled my first Bronco back in December of '03...by the way, I am not proud of this.

I was running late for my morning class and I was driving fast to help make up for the time. The night before, we had our first rain of the season and so the streets were slick from the oils and grease. I was making a right turn on a green light and hit an unforseen slick spot. I lost traction and started to fish-tail. My ass-end was beginning to slide into the stopped cars awaiting to turn left. I was able to turn out of it but when I corrected it, I caught traction again and drove into a Chevy Silverado and the WellsCargo trailer it was pulling.

I slammed into the bed of the truck pretty hard and slid along the side until I hit the tongue of the trailer. When I hit the tongue, my front driver's side tire drove up on top of the tongue and the whole front end of the Bronco went right into the trailer. I have to admit, I did not feel the least bit unsafe during the collision. I was properly restrained and the Bronco took the impact like a tank. "Built Ford Tough!"

I was able to put the Bronco in what was now 3WD and pulled it out of the trailer. There was extensive damage to the body, suspension, and axle. The cost of the damage out weighed the value of the vehicle. At least that was in the insurance company's eyes...They gave me a few grand for it, but not enough to replace it. You would never guess what I bought...I'm almost ashamed to admit it.

I purchased a 1960 Jeep Willy's CJ5. The body was in decent shape, but it had a kickass powerplant in it. It had a Chevy 327, Holley 750 Double-pumper carb., Edelbrock intake manifold and heads, headers, MSD ignition, K&N Air, electric fans, etc. It also had a Muncey 4 speed w/ overdrive. This thing could move! So, I jacked it up about 12" or so and put 38x15.50 Super swampers on it. It was fun but impractical. I missed the size and comfort of a Bronco. And so, here I am. the proud owner of my second Bronco. And this time I plan to hold on to it for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls