Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncoIIman

Reaction score
hello everyone i have a 1988 Bronco II its a 2wd i was thinkin about swappin my 2.9v6 to a 302 i was wondering if anyone have ever done that... also on this 2.9 i have i've done alot of work on it new disb cap and rotor mew raditor but for some reason when i get to about 45mps the rpms will drop and it acts like it doesnt wanna gain speed i dont understand whats the deal with it could anyone help me out my email is [email protected] please email me thanks

broncoshell

Reaction score
hello, with all you did on a tune up it might be the exhaust. do you have a catalytic converter on it? it could be stopped up & want let the exhaust out causing to much back pressure on the engine. might be something to check. hope this helps!

4xfan78

Reaction score
As far as putting a 302 in it its not that difficult there is an installation kit that is sold just for that. Ithink that it comes with motor mounts headers and different adaptors that is needed.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
While I would not swap engines, I would check for any codes, especially for the EGR valve and exhaust.

BLUEovalBELIEVER

Reaction score
hardest thing to find used is a radiator,I don't know if you care about price or not you can email me i've done about 15 ford v-8 swaps some 302-351w-1 289 into 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel.i can give you a parts lists for look around parts,the kit isn't cheap.oh yeah a 3 inch body lift will make the swap alot easier.

BLUEovalBELIEVER

Reaction score
you'd have to be a little more specific about what the 2.9 is doing,are you giving it gas,what's it do if you down shift,how often you know all the good stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23