Mystery part? Found this in some of the parts I received from the owner of Bronco. Don’t know what it is, or if it is even a part for the Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carnutt73

Reaction score
If the flat side that's facing your hand is open then its likely part of a defrost vent under the dash. Also could be part of an air intake. As for what it's out of not sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DATownsend

Reaction score
If the flat side that's facing your hand is open then its likely part of a defrost vent under the dash. Also could be part of an air intake. As for what it's out of not sure.
No the only openings are on the ends. None of the diagrams I have for the defroster is the actual plastic defroster vent that goes to the bottom of the windshield, and they show two flex hoses going into it from the heater box. This is for a 1977 Bronco. None of the diagrams I have for the heater and the air intake to it shows anything like this.

Carnutt73

Reaction score
No the only openings are on the ends. None of the diagrams I have for the defroster is the actual plastic defroster vent that goes to the bottom of the windshield, and they show two flex hoses going into it from the heater box. This is for a 1977 Bronco. None of the diagrams I have for the heater and the air intake to it shows anything like this.
Yeah i am just not sure that is even a bronco part. It might have just been mixed in from some thing else. It has happened to me before when i bought a basket case.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, don’t know what that is for but it has me thinking about other options for air duct work in the 78.

Broncoj932

Reaction score
I do not believe that to be a part of a first gen Bronco. I have had many completely apart and have never seen one of those.
I have now had my 78 apart and still have not seen a part like that.

chrlsful

Reaction score
yup, U aint narrowed the info dwn much. At least say what yr of the 30 yrs of bronks U think it might B. They U get focus frm da right guys.
"More specific Qs get more helpful answs."
Like "I gota new noise in my car. What is it?" can B assisted better by "I got a squeque in my frnt end somewhere, just when I start up my 66 Bronk. Goes away pretty quick, esp if I increase the revs of the motor." Do a favor, geta favor~
EDIT:
now I C from the lill tiny blue letters at top its the EB forum-
I echo above. Many a rest0mod has stuff init that never came w/it. We geta pile w/floor swepins, etc just tossed into any opening. Some poor Datsun (pre-Nissan) part there.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo