Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbad79

Reaction score
my 79 bronco has a 6'' lift and 3'' body lift easily clearing 38''s. 44'' boggers are on the way and i dont know if 9'' springs in the front and 3'' blocks in the rear will give me enough clearance. i dont want to go cutting up my fenders either. any suggestions?

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
I've seen Trucks and Broncos clearing 44's with 9" of lift but they had to fender trim for them to fit. I know one truck with custom 14" of lift and just barely gets by without trimming. So your looking at having to lift more or trim. I believe even if you do lift you'll have to do so slight trimming on the lower corners of the Front fenders to keep from rubbing while turning. your Rim back spacing will also play a role in it.

I take it since your running 44" Bogger's your bronco is a mud/trail rig? If so I'd opt for the trimming to keep away with a tad less on the top heaviness. IMO

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Not to mention getting a higher lift than 9" with 44's will be tippy. I know from experience back in high school being late for school...

Anyhow, I'd definately cut the fenders and buy some nice fender flairs that will cover the cuts to make it look nice. Otherwise you will have a huge gap between the tires and fender area and will look funny. Then the body lift will be more noticable which I'm sure you don't want. I have a 3.5" lift with a 2" body and run 38.5" SX's, lots of flex so I chopped the fenders and it works great. :blush:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Root710