Leak At Tank Gas Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
Hello again folks..

How would I go about safely removing the threaded Gasline/fuel indicator part from my gas tank. I don't want to ***** it up anymore than I have to. I found that it is leaking from there (at the base of the metal hose where you connect the fuel line to the tank), and i was thinking it would be nice to get a whole new part if possible so's i could get e new fuel level doohickey, to make that work.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I have used a hammer and block of wood, like a short 2x4, to gently tap the ring loose. If your Bronco is fuel injected, don't forget to relieve any pressure with the inertia switch down by the brake pedal.

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Bronco Graveyard

Jeffs Bronco graveyard has the part you need for $120. It has the new ring, gasket, and sending unit.

Yeah, a block of wood, or a BRASS punch. If you have a wooden,or rubber hammer, this would be better than a steel one, incase you slip. You don't want any sparks here!

The link at the top of my reply will take you directly to the gas tanks, and sending units.

OP
OP
B

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
counter clocwise ai?

And hould I give er a good coating of WD-40?

As well, It looks like it has been painted over. Could the old ring be sealed somehow?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yes, counter-clockwise to loosen it. WD-40 pr PB won't hurt. The ring should not be held on with Loctite or anything else, but if someone repaired it in the past, who knows what they might have put on it. A brass punch is O.K., too, but not something everyone has around the shop. If it takes a sledge to get the thing loose, it's prolly rusted the threads and a new sending unit and ring may leak worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco