HPD60 Install with new Cage Offroad axle brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing a HPD60 in my 68 Bronco. Since I got a newer style D60, the pumkin is pushed over towwards the driverside further than say a 78 D60 which is more desireable for the EB.

There is only 3" of room to install axle wedges to the tube. I need at least 4" to make them fit so I did some research and found out Cage Offroad makes these... http://www.cageoffroad.com/page/page/2867657.htm

They bolt onto their extended arms and welded to the axle. These allow more articulation in the bushings than the stock c-bushings do.

Here's some photo ideas. I can make wedges fit but seems more worth getting this bracket, anyone run this? I know Jim Cole @ Cage does and he seems to like the set up.

Cage_Bracket.JPG

untitled.JPG

Cage_Arms.JPG

BRONCFOOT

Reaction score
They're nice.Only thing I've read neg is that you'll have to have your caster set where you want with the weight on the tires when you weld,(no adjustment after the weld unless brkt is relocated)That's gonna require alot of trial & error by clamping it all together first.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
The Cage bracket is welded to the axle and the lower spring cup is bolted to the top of it. So I can't put weight onto the bracket/cup until its welded to the axle. I'm thinking I can keep the top of the bracket close to level (so coils have no bow) with the arms connected to the frame and rotate the pinion accortingly, then weld. I guess either way I might have a bit of bow. Not sure until I get there...

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23