Howdy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whattarush

Reaction score
howdy everyone,

I'm new to the site,but not new to fords,have built 3 or 4 68-72 p/u's over the years..and have always ran ford trucks of one vintage or another

gettin ready to start my new project,so i,m just tryin to get my nuts in a pile,

i have a 78-1/2 ranger xlt..has mucho time and money invested,my son took it rock crawlin and rolled it 2-1/2 times...slow rolls,still runs and drives,but sheetmetel is wasted....and,yes...he survived ,both the roll-over AND having to tell me about it <_< found aother bronc tho..a 79 w/a bad motor,but very little rust,unheard of up here in new england..and was only 400$!!!so im doing a frame off resto on the 78 and droppin the 79 body on it...will be sendin pics of the progress,so ill be pickin brains from time to time,to help me along :)>-

kikenhorse

Motor Man
Reaction score
Sounds like a BIG project. I am in New Brunswick so I know what you are saying about rust. "We are neighbours" so to speak!

I have a B2 right now and a 90 F150. [-X I also have a car that Henry did not make, the guys get ticked if I mention it, so I never do. [-X

The B2 is just our of the Body shop after a real good workover mechanicaly. Looking forard to it as a D.D. Just waiting for an altenator to be rebuilt now. Got help from this site re alt.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Welcome to the site. The guys here have a lot of knowledge.

Just ask the questions and the answers pop up. :((

Say I like "Nuts in a pile". Never heard that one before..

Gunner

Reaction score
yes yes welcome to the site. i tey to help as much as i can and i also live in NE i am in MA. but if you read through some of the posts on here a guy named davids always beats me to alot of the help responses so if you dont hear it from me you will from him. but again welcome and have fun i know i am going to rebuilding my 82 BB when the weather warms up of course.

OP
OP
W

whattarush

Reaction score
thx for the welcome,....project aint as bad as it sounds,drive train is alredy mostly done,has less then 5k on....detroit rear,duel rancho's on all 4 corners,brakes,new tranny,"luigi"rebilt transfer(he a guy in my area who is the master of tranny's),bushings,d.shafts,axle shafts and tires,just gonna blast ,paint and replace lines,maybe add some anti-wraps to rear ..351 has about 180k,but most anything that coulda be bolted to it has been,...as for body,ill take care of sheetmetel,but i aint doin the finish work...lol.....hey gunner,im in mass too,western side.. my dd is a 93 150 shorty, (2x) with250+on it ...300/6,5spd.....almost completly origonal...its like the energiser bunny!! lookin forward to talkin with you all and the rest of club too... :)>-

Gunner

Reaction score
yeah i live on the east side in fall river. i just bought my 82 BB and i am waiting until it warms up to start the work. its going to be quite a project. i cant wait. and i could tell you what my dd is but everyone might get mad because henry didnt make it. just know this. i alwys wanted a bronco but i learned mechanics on tuner cars first.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj