hood alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls.

I have been having a degree of difficulty with the alignment of my hood since I did my motor swap. When I removed the hood I drilled the brackets with a 1/4'' bit for the re-installation but I am still having issues. As you can see, if you have been following my posts, I am getting to the nit-pick stuff on my bronco. If anyone has any tips/tricks/ or help with this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

OP
OP
F

Foul Al

Reaction score
Hey Al,

What exactly did you drill, and what are the problems your are having?

Is the hood the only thing you removed? (body parts)
I had the grille and rad support out. pretty much the center face of the bronco.when i pop the hood i have to do the ''fonz'' in the center of the face og the hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Am I correct in that doing the "Fonz" is hitting the hood to make it pop-up?

If so then there is something binding. Most likely in the latching mechanizm.

With the hood closed are the gaps on the sides, between the hood and the fenders even?

If so, is the front level with the grill, and aligned with the front of the fenders?

If not, The hood must be moved back, ( toward the windshield), or forward.

The closed heigth must be adjusted,by raising or lowering the bumpers.

Still have a problem? Get a flashlight and a helper to lower the hood slowly to see what may be binding in the latch. I have smeared some grease on the latch, the spring and the safety latch, ( all over the latches, top of spring) and closed and opened the hood. Then look for where the grease is rubbed off. This will tell you what may be binding.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23