Hi from Kansas City

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ylee

Reaction score
Hi,All

I'm Tim.Aka yleecoyote1966.

I just bought my first Bronco.It's the second 4x4 I have ever owned.1st one was a 86 bronco2.I bought this Sat 12-12-09 for $600.00.She is a bute,she runs great 4x4 works good and the Tires are almost new.Thats most of the good news.

The bad....look at that rust!!!! It has to be started with a key and a pair of pliers also have to shut it off the same way.Temp and amp gauge don't work.Needs a new wiper control switch.The passenger side window won't roll up or down.And the door hinges need new bushings.(need help with this one)I have never in all my 43 yrs have replaced or fixed hinges.The heater controls don't work like they should.Blend door stays open.If you romp on the gas pedal at idle the rpm gauge goes backwards.And alot of the instrument cluster lights are out.

Did find something that was interesting...While cleaning out leaves and rubbish under the dash.Pulled the carpet back and found the paper that was stuck to the window when she was new.My 87 cost $19,852.00.And also found the owners manual.I have no idea why you would tuck that away under the carpet.

The only other problem I have is cruzin at 35mph it bucks and stumbles and it only does it at around 35mph.I think

Well wish me luck tomorrow get to go stand in line at the dmv.lol

And last but not least HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY-ONE!!!!!!!

ylee

She squeaks and rattles going down the road.But tires are fair and the brakes are fine..........so what do I care.

P1340263b.JPG

P1340264b.JPG

P1340262b.JPG

P1340266b.JPG

P1340261b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

50joe

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool to find the window sticker. Looks like a bit of a project, but thats half the fun. Good luck with it. You'll be able to find pleanty of help here.

OP
OP
ylee

ylee

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool to find the window sticker. Looks like a bit of a project, but thats half the fun. Good luck with it. You'll be able to find pleanty of help here.
yeah I thought so to.It says the white paint was a special order option....And I am wondering whats so special about white.

50joe

Reaction score
Maybe because they were mostly 2-tone that era? I'm just guessing here.... Still a great find regardless

OP
OP
ylee

ylee

Reaction score
Maybe because they were mostly 2-tone that era? I'm just guessing here.... Still a great find regardless
Yeah maybe....Was told it was a park ranger service vehicle.But don't know for sure. Also told "And it doesn't use any oil or water", but it was low on both so go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno