Heater Core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luv2jeeper

Reaction score
My 78 bronco has working a/c and the heater core appears to be leaking.I used the leak stop stuff a couple years ago and got by untill now.So i looked in my motor manual to see what kind of project it is to replace it.manual says with a/c it is beyond the scope of the home Mechanic :huh: Has any one changed one or payed to have it done? Cost? Thanks

Seabronc

Reaction score
All I can tell you is that I pulled a unit with a heater core and A/C core in it for a guy on the west coast about a year ago. It was a bitch of a job and a good thing it was in a junker. Good thing that truck didn't need to run again :lol: . that being said, it must be dooable since that guy did it. He said it was going to be a bitch getting it out and it was. However, if the shop mechanic can do it, you can too. It will be easier if you can find a shop manual that goes thru the proceedure. I just looked it up in my 83 shop manual and it would have been easier if I had done that for the 78 one I pulled.

Basically you have to disassemble the dash and remove the heater core cover , duct work, take apart the plenum that the A/C evaporator. There are bolt on the inside and outsice that need to be removed. So like I said, it's a bitch and you have to disassemble a lot of the dash.

Good luck,

:)>-

Seabronc

Reaction score
All I can tell you is that I pulled a unit with a heater core and A/C core in it for a guy on the west coast about a year ago. It was a bitch of a job and a good thing it was in a junker. Good thing that truck didn't need to run again :lol: . that being said, it must be dooable since that guy did it. He said it was going to be a bitch getting it out and it was. However, if the shop mechanic can do it, you can too. It will be easier if you can find a shop manual that goes thru the proceedure. I just looked it up in my 83 shop manual and it would have been easier if I had done that for the 78 one I pulled.

Basically you have to disassemble the dash and remove the heater core cover , duct work, take apart the plenum that the A/C evaporator. There are bolt on the inside and outsice that need to be removed. So like I said, it's a bitch and you have to disassemble a lot of the dash.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula