Great Spark!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78mojavebronco

Reaction score
WHAT A BIG CHANGE. I installed a ready-to-run distributor from MSD. One of the best things I have ever put on my truck. It does away with stock ignition box. The MSD is all self contained including ignition module. three wires to hook up, peice of cake.

part#8350

freak

Reaction score
Did you get the whole MSD setup including the box as well?You're right,MSD is the only way to go.

146&toggle=fullsize&filename=Picture%20017.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

freak

Reaction score
The distribotor I got is part# MSD-8580(mechanical advance)it's 205.00.The 6AL box is 195.00,the coil is about 35.00 and the MSD RPM module selector is 48.00.So about 500 buck's for everything.The install is pretty simple,the instruction's are very detailed.With this you can eliminate all the duraspark junk,it definetly will clean up the driver's side of your engine compartment.It made a big difference on my motor.

OP
OP

78mojavebronco

Reaction score
The MSD ready to run distrbutor part #8350 Does away with the dura spark ign.

cost $280.00

coil $30.00

thats it no other parts.

Check out MSD.com

freak

Reaction score
I'm running Champion's,2 heat range's colder than stock.The other's were too hot I was getting some blistering and bit's aluminum off the top of the piston's on the ceramic portion of the plug when I first started tunning my new engine combination.Now everything's good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK