Girggle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
Anyone else ever have a girgling noise while at slow speeds around 30 to 40mph and just enough throttle to keep you moving, its only happening while giving alittle gas, Any and All help would be great..

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Do you think its pinging? Ususally pinging sounds when going up a hill on the throttle. Otherwise if its more a slight girgle at certain RPM's even in nutral then it could be wristpins or rod bearings. Best thing to do is pull the pan and pull a few rod bearings (one at a time) do not mix up where they came out if they are OK. If you see any that are bad the motor is on its way out. Then you have to get a new crank or have it machined. If I was to take them off I'd replace them for now. Try using 20/50 oil and see if that helps.

OP
OP
Bronco_In_Ny

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
The Motor has only around 6000 miles on it, so if its something internal I'm going to be ******, it did this before and then stopped, I have to use Premium fuel in it anyway maybe I'll try some octane boost in it since the Fuel in Ny state isn't that great, Please more people respond I'm getting ready for a move back to Florida and pulling a trailer so HEEEELLLLLLPP

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Sounds like bad gas if it is "pinging". I filled up last week, and the gas was horrible!!! I used a bottle of STP gas treatment, even though it's not good for the fuel lines. Try an octane booster, or some isopropyl alcohol if you think it is water in the gas.

OP
OP
Bronco_In_Ny

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
I've never heard a ping like this but I put 2 bottles of octane booster is since each bottle is only good for 15gal and I just filled up, I'll see what this does

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
never use any of that cheapo-depot gas even if it is premum because i've tryed to save a penny so many times and wound up with water in the fuel filter and the engine kept losing power. save your self the aggrivation and buy good gas.

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
3 cent more a gallon is only 99 cent a tank, if you're bone dry. I don't get it my wife will drive all the way across town in bumper to bumper traffic to save a penney a gal.

OP
OP
Bronco_In_Ny

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
I got the gas from EXXON and all I ever use is 93octane, what I read from another Bronco forum people that had the same Prob and under the same condition it wasn't the motor but was the Cat or I should say the heat shield so thats what I'm going to check next.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula