General Bronco Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xouver

Reaction score
i jsut bought an 81 bronco with a blown engine, so i am in the process of fixing it up right this time. i just want so feedback on what other people have done to their engines while fixing them up. it has a 351 modified. and i was looking for some suggestions on tires, general info on what size and brand.

4xfan78

Reaction score
If you need to rebuild the 351m I would strongly suggest to see if you're machine shop will let you pay the difference to upgrade to the 400m. Alot better engine and more power also.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Here's a link to HP & torque specs on Bronco engines:

engine specs

Even the stock 351-Windsor in your '81 Bronco was kinda weak compared to what you can have if you get one built. In my case, I have a longblock kit from NAPA in my 84 Bronco. If you have a good machine shop in your area, talk to them. They will surely have some advice on ehther it's better to swap for another motor or work up the 351M. That design was not around for long.

As far as tires, search the forums here, there's some posts on tire size and choices. Welcome to Bronco Zone!!!

Ktomek06

Reaction score
What kinds of off-roading you do and how much on road you are all depends on what tires you want..along w/ how big and how tall

OP
OP
X

xouver

Reaction score
when it comes to off roading, i plan on doing my fair share. i wont be doing much extreme, mostly on the river, but there are a few nice trails i am gonna try out. but i also have to drive on the roads on a daily basis. i dont plan on raising it too much either. I guess you can say that i am looking for an all around on road and off road tire!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23