Gas Guage Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas 714

Reaction score
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The gas guage does not work on my 79 bronco. I have power to the wires at the sending unit wire end. ( It's a pulsating power. ) Should the power be pulsating? I am tring to get some info on this before I pull the gas tank. The person that had the bronco before me welded a reese hitch in back. And I will need to cut it off the frame to get to the tank. Please help

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
i'll be willing to bet your trouble doesn't fail in the wires since ya got power. the circent board on the back of these old beeats gets brittle and crack. try hittin a few wrecking yards for a good gauge cluster it'll probably fix ya right up!

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
I had the same problem, and did the same thing txquad suggested - swap out the guage cluster... worked like a charm

OP
OP
T

Thomas 714

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Fell I found out why my gas guage did not work. The float was bad on the sending unit. I was going to replace the guage cluster. But I had power to the gas guage. So I pulled the gas tank and there it was, the float.

Thanks to everyone who wanted to help me out.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK