Gas filler neck has no vent tube???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
Hey all. So I bought this Bronco (84) as a non running project. The gas tank was removed due to rust when I bought it so I didnt see how the filler neck looked when it was taken off the Bronco. While getting everything ready to put back into the Bronco I noticed the filler neck doesnt seem to have a place to attach a vent tube (see pic). This doesnt seem normal from what Ive been reading. Am missing something??
20220512_084631.jpg

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hey wishmeluck. Congrats on the project, we all need more of those!
My service info is pretty weak in that year range, but I believe there should be a vent tube inside the filler neck on those. (They were just discovering the world of "how much can we leave out before they notice" cost cutting.) I think its a plastic tube in there. I have an 85 "parts truck" in the field, If I can get out there I'll see what it has.
Hope that helps
Cheers

OP
OP
W

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
That would be great, thank you! So, what is the tube supposed to attach to so it doesnt fall into the tank? and if it attaches to the baffle somehow whats used to keep it there?

lynchsg

Reaction score
If it fills the last part of the tank (like my 1982 32 gallon tank) either LMC Truck or Bronco Graveyard sell a later model filler neck/hose assembly that corrects that issue. Bolts/clamps right in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo