Gas Cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

busbo

Reaction score
okay..here it goes:

1990 351 auto

i recently had to replace my gas cap and i've encountered a problem (or two). after starting, she wants to die. i can only keep it running by giving it lots of gas. when i shift into drive and give it gas it hesitates bad. does this ring any bells? thanks!!!!!!

Ziggy

Reaction score
Did you use the proper gas cap? Some gas tanks use "unvented" gas caps. If you install a "vented" gas cap, the system does not work right. My GTI is fuel injected and uses an "unvented" gas cap. Guess it helps build pressure up in the tank and deals with fuel delivery and emissions. I know they test the caps when they smog vehicles and if it doesn't pass, you have to replace the cap and start all over again.

OP
OP
B

busbo

Reaction score
so the new gas cap did nothing. i can't find a vacuum leak anywhere. i've changed the TPS and MAP sensor. i took the EGR valve off and cleaned it but it didn't seem to do anything. anybody have any more ideas? i greatly appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph