Front Passenger Ball Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
Hi there folks..

I have an 84 Bronco I am restoring. I need to change the front passenger balljoint. Is there an easy way to do this. It looks like it could be a pain in the Keister..

Thanks..

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Its not that bad. Take apart the hub, pull the bearings and rotor off, pull the spindle off, take out the axle shaft, pull the snap rings on the ball joint. Then take off both ball joint nuts, turn the top one over and tighten it half way so you can hit the top nut real hard with a sledge. The reason to turn the nut over is they are a castle nut and you can smash the top and damage the threads. After a few good whacks it should pop out. Then you have to beat the **** out of the bad ball joint to get it out. Then hammer the new ball joint into place. I use a small piece of 1/4" wall 2" tube to reinstall. This way it installs evenly by placing the tube right up to the top of the ball joints and hitting the tube until it seats in. Reinstall the snap rings and everything else like it came out. :blush:

OP
OP
B

brentusbrutus

Reaction score
Yes.. sounds like a pain in the keister. Guess I should havr done it when I had evertything off when I was doing my front brakes..

Yeesh.

Did anyone take any pictures when they were doing It?

I need to have visual info..

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Get a Chiltons or a Haynes guide for your truck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They have some pretty good photos for most areas of repairs.

404PageNotFound

Reaction score
Get a Chiltons or a Haynes guide for your truck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />They have some pretty good photos for most areas of repairs.
amen to that..

the haynes is great...

a helms is the best , but the haynes has helped me with the bronco and my Honda CRX's

grande_guerre

grande mondiale
Reaction score
also, if you don't feel comfortable beating your bronco with a hammer by hand, you can use a pickle fork and an air hammer. This made it faster on my 84. and get a haynes or chiltons like the guys said. They help out a lot.

dicain

Reaction score
ford f-series pickup owner's bible is also a good book to have.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj