Front Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yellow 72

Reaction score
I dont have a locker (wish i did) but... from reading other posts i should be able to help you out a little.

O.K. First we need to know what you are using this rig for. Is it going to be something like 70/03 on road to off? or are you planning on 50/50? a full time trail rig? If you aren't goin to spend a whole lot of time off road, and have the extra money you should go with a selectable locker like ARB, that way you can engage/disengage your locker whenever you want. If you are goin to be off road a lot you could go with an automatic locker, like detroit, these are engaged all the time but when turning they ratchet to minimize tire wear. And if you are really tight on money some people put spools in their rigs. Just because these are cheaper doesnt mean that they are any less effective, they are just locked all the time, kinda like a welded diff. I have heard that spools are not as safe onroad but that battle never seems to end.

Hope that helped

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Don't put a spool up front. The rear is OK but not in the front becasue it will be hard to steer and higher chances of axle breakage. I like the option of the OX locker. Its cable activated so not much can go wrong. The ARB's can have air leaks. I run Detroits and they are close to a spool but free wheel around corners or light throttle (engages with torque). If you have shift of the fly you can go between 2wd and 4wd when ever without a Detroit engaging since no power is on the ring and pinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls