Fabbing A Fan Shroud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis

Reaction score
I am tired of all my over heating problems. A friend was just pointing out how un effictive my stock fan shroud is. Has anyone ever fabbed their own. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction for some tips.

I have a pusher fan that I've been using to keep it cool on the trail. I want to get rid of the pusher and mount a power steering cooler in its place.

Help me cool The Beast

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
What size motor do you have? You can always make your own sheet metal fan shroud but I bleieve Tom's Bronco Parts and BC Broncos have a good one if you run a body lift and the height difference is causing problems. Or James Duff sells a good plastic type that bolts right up for no body lift rigs. I found that running just water and Red Line "wetter water" works better than antifreeze and water for summer time. You can make an additional radiator using a heater core. I did this and addeda fan on the back side of it. I noticed that if I run the heater I don't over heat so I added the heater core and it worked.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Ypu might help the problem, but I'd flush the system to make sure it is working efficiently. You might try putting in a laarger radiator if yours is a stock one. Another problem that causes over heating is the transmission if you have an automjatic. If you do, it wouldn't hurt to add a transmission oil cooler.

Good luck, :)>-

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
If you like, add a hood scoop or bubble and cut out an area for heat to escape out the hood. I also cut the wheel well shrouds a bit and that helped. I heard the Toyota electric fan works awesome. You can also go to a pull apart auto wreckers and get a Toyota heater box which uses dual fans and will cool the engine. For summer have the heater tubes routed out side and change it back inside the cab for winter. I've seen others add a heater core in the rear quarter panel area for back seat heat. You will need to run a T at the heater core line and have metal tubes run body to the rear heater core.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula