F250 Axle Shafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Most know this already... Breaking stock Bronco Dana44 axles is easy. I didn't want to spend the cash on Moser or Warn shafts so I took both axle shafts out of an F250 high pinion Dana44 (slightly larger in diameter and stronger). The Long side shaft has to be cut down and re-splined by a machine shop to fit the early Bronco D44.

The drivers side was easy, 1/2" has to be cut off the end of the splines (carrier end) as its 1/2" longer than the stock Bronco's. No need to worry that the splines are shorter now because the locker or carrier's splines are the same depth. The best part of this modification is the larger U-joint (where most of the problems come from). I run the Spicer 5-760X u-joints which are much stronger than the 5-297X and just a few bucks more. I run 38" swampers with 5:89 gears locked so I need all the strength I can get. I've run them with good luck for a year now. I was breaking the stock D44 axles every other time I went out. Just an idea for those that don't know and don't want to spend the case of chromolly's!

Eric

68_Bronco2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23