Engine Blues....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Not too many here know that my engine died and has been keeping me hopping time and everything else wise for the last week...

I am fairly certain its a main bearing, just the oddity of it locking while parked and not running has me baffled....

Any ways.. I got finished pulling it just in time for the rain :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (the white spots are rain drops)

Dscf0013.jpg

OP
OP
B

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Not as bad yet more extensive than I first suspected....

Apparently that nights big rain storm along with a bad gasket on the rear hood line let a lot of water get into the engine, filling #4 up with nice rain water....

So far, no head damage seen, looks like the block didn't take a hit, the cylinder is perfect with only one tiny mark on it at the bottom of the sleeve (well away from the rings slide area) and the crank spins like it wasn't even tweaked. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Amazing what a high torque starter can do when hydro-locked ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is the result of the rain and the flooded cylinder...

Dscf0015.jpg

Desert Donk

Reaction score
Whoa. I guess that's a high output starter. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Happy to hear it may not be as expensive as you thought and it does explain why it ran fine, shut it off and found it locked up after sitting.

Windchaser

Reaction score
Tough looking truck you got there Big. How long has it been sitting (noticed the front tires were flat)? I had something of the same problem when I replaced my engine. All the bearings and seals were shot in the bottom half of my 302, so I decided to put in a 460. The 460 eventually got put into the truck but not before tragedy. My buddy and I were about to drop the big dog in to my Bronx when a harvest truck full of grain rolled over outside the shop, of course, for some reason we had removed the coverings for the intake and all the dust went happily floating on in. DOH :angry: ...We eventually got her cleaned out and in, but what a pain. So I hear ya when you're talking about the rain. $-)

OP
OP
B

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
It's only been sitting a week...

I only had last monday and the last two days of working on it, so it's been kinda slow due to needing to earn a paycheck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (being held down by corporate america on this one :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

The tires were a self inflicted set of flats..

With at least 7" of lift and the 35s.. I had to lower it for the engine hoist :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so the oil pan could clear the truck and not be so high that the hoist became unstable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23