Dip Stick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bioradiation

Reaction score
I bought a 1980 Ford F-150 from this fella that obviously took no heed to his actions while he was tinkering with this truck. One of those blunders was doing something to the dipstick which made it break off at the block. It broke off in such a way that there is no chance in **** it will ever be pulled out with a pair of pliers. Has anyone ran into this problem before? If so, how did you get it out? If not, please gimme some advise on how to remove this thing. I already have the oil pan removed (another one of his neadrethal blunders - he installed a car's oil pan on a 4X4) to change the rear main seal. I attempted to tap the leftover tube from the bottom but the metal is so soft, it just mushroomed out on me. You all know how much room I am working around because of that crossmember. Would you think that a large enough tap&die set would get it out; threading the inside and pulling it out that way? Please help! [-o<

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Drill it out. Use a bit just a tad larger than the inside of the tube. A tap may work fine, but since you have the pan off, I would just drill it out.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
do you have an eazy out set. kinda like a tapping set but made to take out bolts etc. this works good with very few shavings. if you are goin to replace/ remove the oil pan. you should be ok with drilling though. be careful because the shavings will end up in the most unexpected places.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula