Died And Wont Start Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfreak

Reaction score
my 88 wont start after it died. i was driving and it shut off like i turned off the key.i checked fire has it.i dont think it is getting gas to the plugs.does any one know were the sensors are that control the injectors?

Raven

Reaction score
check your fuel pump make sure it is running or check on the fuel rail there should be a little piece that looks like a valve stem for a tire check to see if you are getting fuel to that point. fuel pump is a very likely cause of it if you do not have any fuel at the rail. if you can hear the pump running then try replacing your feul filter

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
you can check if the pumps working by turning the key to run postion and listening you should hear a whining sound comeing ftom the rear if not check your fuel pump relay not sure where yours is but look first on the drivers side under the hood

ron753

Reaction score
the fule pump relay is on the passenger side under the hood the color is gray

or green there is also a reset breaker inside where the carpet goes under the dash

on the passenger side pull the carpet back it's a black box right next to the center of the floor board there is a white reset button on top of the box.

hope this helps!

Seabronc

Reaction score
That little black box is an inertia switch, which is designed to shut off the fuel pump in case of accident. The problem is that they often start going bad and shut the system down randomly. If reseting it fixes the problem, I would suggest you get a new one or it will happen again. Hard breaking or bumping something can cause an oversensitive one to pop.

Good luck :)>-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23