Converting my bronco to NON ac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
OK everyone. After putting the Cummins in I havent had AC lines made up connecting the dodge compressor to the ford lines.And apparently I wont. My blower motor went bad a few weeks ago and just fought like **** to get the ac box out because the turbo in front of it. So now after breaking part of the ****** of the ac box,Ive decided to say ***** this.I havent really used the ac anyway with the soft top on and down in the summer. So heres my question. Has anyone done this? I know i either have to cut the firewall off a non ac truck or fab up a plate. And the box under the dash is different also. I can make just about any metal i need to match the factory non ac firewall if I cant locate one. Im looking for more info from anyone that has done this so i can gather everything up and convert this with in the next month or so. Thanks ahead. mike

Seabronc

Reaction score
Sorry Mike, haven't heard of anyone doing that, but keep us up to date.  If any one has any information on this, Al will have it in his library.  Add pictures and comments when you do it.  It will be interesting to see what you did.

:)>-

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Thanks. As im looking into this,it may be easier to just put it back together. I might come up with a mount to just put the factory compressor in the same general spot as it was with the factory engine. That way itll use the factory lines and ill keep my ac.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke