Bronco Runs Fine... Mustang Needs Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mansquirt86

Reaction score
along with my 88 bronco, i also have an 87 GT mustang which amazingly enough is the one with the problem right now. Earlier today i blew the upper hose, so i replaced it along with the thermostat. Once i did that and drive it around the block, a hose in the back of the motor blew. *** is wrong with this car!!! i swear its been nothing but problems. My guess is i have a blockage somewhere... but thats my completely unprofessional analysis. any ideas???

zakcode

Reaction score
dont take this wrong but did you put the therm in upside down? it could be that the clamps are just loose too.gaskets are cheap pull the therm housing just to check,then check all the *** clamps. if that doesnt solve it you could take it to a radiator shop and have them preasure check your cooling system to see if you have a blockage. or just take there first. thats alot cheaper than a blown head gasket or a cracked block from over heating or a crash from sliding on glycol in traffic..,,good luck ...dave

Ktomek06

Reaction score
mustang life might be able to help..isnt there a place called that

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
i had a similar problem w/ my '87 GT. i just replaced all the hoses and the thermostat at that time, and blamed my old man 4 breakin the car, b/c he was drivin it at the time. but the little hoses in the back, if i remember correctly go to the heater core. i dont know if i would think blockage. check the condition of all of the hoses, they could just be worn out. thats what happened to me. good luck.

OP
OP
M

mansquirt86

Reaction score
Atleast its the mustang and not my bronco. (knock on wood) Ill take a look at all the hoses... better yet ill just replace them. If that doesnt do it, off to the shop it goes

zakcode

Reaction score
hey its me again.have you used any cooling system sealer?i have used it in the past and sealed up my heater core. i agree that would be a great place to start looking..real easy to blow real hard and check too.be carefull using compressed air you can pop them pretty easy too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23