Bronco Ii's All Standard 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMC4LIFE

Reaction score
Im not big on trucks too much but i would like to know if Ford ever made a Bronco 2 that didnt have or come with 4 wheel drive. I owned a black Bronco 2 Manual Trans. and it never had any 4X4 parts on it that i noticed, and my friends seems to insist that all Bronco 2's come with 4 wheel drive. Anyone have some solid info for me?

walterm

Reaction score
B2's came either 4x2 or 4x4. standard was 2wd and 4wd was optional.

being former Army, this just proved my point. jar-heads have no intelligance.

4x4chevette

Reaction score
Yep bII's came with many options. 2 or 4d drive, auto or manual, 4cylinder diesel, 2.8 or 2.9 (rumored a few ahd 4.0, but never seen one) open rear hatch window, or not.. and soem even had factory soft tops on em.

Blue_coyote

rope smokin' Redneckologist
Reaction score
Damn Donny, its nice to see that your spelling is just as bad here as at RRORC man :lol:

The softtop (Sherrod, I believe) BII's were actually an "after-factory" option. My own was a VERY after-factory custom job...

The 2wd BII used the same 4x4 tranny, but with a dummy T-case that was gutted and just had a rear output coming off a solid through-shaft. Makes converting one to 4x4 a fairly simple project (unlike the Ranger which had a different engine X-member for the 2wd models)

I think the diesel BII is almost as much rumour as the 4.0 BII. I'd still like to try dropping an intercooled turbodiesel driveline from a Volvo V70 AWD into one, though >:)

monty06

Reaction score
one of my b2's is a 4.0L NOT BEING SWAPPED IN

it's an 88 4wd with a softtop eddie bauer edition.

i didn't think it was so special but the guy had it in the garage well kept.

until i read up on it wow didn't know i had a rumored truck.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
I have seen the rumored Ranger with a Mitsubishi turbo four cyl diesel.... haven't seen a BII though....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph