Body Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walkdawg

Reaction score
I put on biggers tire and noticed that my body is resting on some thick rubber pads like a body lift but I was wondering if this is just stock or the someone put alift on it. Here is a pic:

Bronco_Pics_001.jpg

rlnbreloder

Reaction score
Hello,

Not a stupid question!! No such thing.....

I've done a few of those body lifts and I can say that those are definitely the factory body mounts. Body mounts will always be "rigid" either a really hard plastic or metal, and you can either install the lift blocks and retain those smashed "bumpers" that are put on from the factory, but I'd recommend getting new ones from a dealer, but they're kinda high...

rlnbreloder

Reaction score
I meant to say that a body LIFT will be rigid...sorry! You can take them out, but your truck'll ride like a tank and you'll reduce your amount of lift...

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yeah, that is just the factory body mount bushing. By the looks of, it's the original one and in dire need of replacement! A full set of 10 is about $80-$100, but you might think about using the poly-urethane bushings instead. That's waht I have (Daystar) and it rides alot better. No body roll and not too harsh.

OP
OP
walkdawg

walkdawg

Reaction score
Thank You!! I thought they was but it just looked so much bigger with the 33's That I was wondering if it might have a body lift but you are right they need replaced and plan to do allot of restoreing to this big beast. Thanks Again.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane