Badass Winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco_Blues

Reaction score
Guys and Gals, its been a while since ive posted. I had one **** of a run a few weekends ago, and no camera to shoot it. I did a crap load of damage to the Bronco, and she still kicked ass. I took her up a massive hill that was littered with logs and tree branches at about 30mph. Which, im sure you all know, is fun as ****. What I didnt know is that there is a 2 foot drop off at the top of the hill. I think I got some air. Everything in my truck flew, and landed hard. Thank god I straped in the subs before hand. We limped the whole 35 min ride home, and then the 20 min. ride to a transmission shop. I totalled the locker. Its housing failed, and it pretty much ate itsself. I also cracked both motor mounts, and bent a rim. I guess it showed me to know the trails better. But, the moral of the story is, no matter how bad you beat a horse, shell always get you home. After that, I dont think I will ever be affraid to go up a hill again. I still brag about it. But i give the Horse more credit than me. Any one else have a kickass winter story to share?

B_B

PS.

The Broncos new name is the "Wabash Cannon Ball". I dont know why, it just is.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
We had a good time in the snow a few months back. Only 12" of snow but was still a challange with my 38's aired down to 5 psi. It was all fun and games until my buddies Heep got stuck so I turned around on the tight trail. I backed up the dirt bank and everyone was saying "wow, look at the front end flex!" so I had to give it a bit more juice and really flex the front. Bad idea... With all the weight on the front tires and the steering turned sharp I blew the axle in half as I hit the gas. Damn! No spare axles around here! Now the Bronco was in 3 wheel drive. You would think it would do OK with detroits and all but **** no. I could hardly get over a 2 ft. tree that seemed like nothing on the way in. Now my buddy in his Bronco was rallying all over in 4wd low and when he let off the gas the Bronco hooked right, when off the trail &hita tree with his right front tire and the radius arm bent in an S. Lucky for him I always have a spare radius arm with me because I run a wristed radius arm and fear I will bend the rigid one so I keep a spare just in case. Everytime we go wheeling with a bunch of Bronco buddies everyone always makes it out at least to the parking lot to trailer thanks to all the spare parts and knowledge we all have. Its nice to have Bronco buddies to wheel with... The Heeps are on their own! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23