automatic transmission with a standard motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman95

Reaction score
im replacing my 5.0 and i came from a manual transmission bronco. but its going to be attached to an automatic trans. what all needs to be put on or taken off for it to work? i need step by step instructions. its a 1990 bronco eddie bauer. 5.0, 4x4, auto. can someone please help me. thank you

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Motor will mount fine to the tranny.. The tranny just needs to be complete, which it sounds like it is. I personally don't think there is any bolt up issues..however there always is something weird that ford does to make it a PITA

OP
OP
M

moparman95

Reaction score
but wont i need to remove the clutch and all that stuff? what all do i need to remove?

OP
OP
M

moparman95

Reaction score
and i wont need to put something in since its going into an automatic vehicle?

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well usually the way it works, the motor itself is the way it is. Flat out.

It's the tranny that is different - The manual tranny will have it's own plates and adaptors to mount up to the motor. Same for an auto. So if you take just the motor out of your bronco, you should be able to just slide in the new motor with no issues at all. THere MIGHT be a bracket/plate on the motor, however that would be removed by simple bolts. End of story - Make sure the motor looks exactly like the motor you just took out.

OP
OP
M

moparman95

Reaction score
i didnt take the motor out i had someone do it for me and he had it for bout a year. and he got deployed so i got it back a couple days ago and its been too cold to work on it but im going to do it when i get the next chance. so the flywheel is the only thing i need attached to the motor. correct? nothing on top off the flywheel? then just stick it together and bolt it in. just a couple days ago was the first time i talked to him in a while. he told me he got the engine out of a standard trans. bronco and im just making sure itll bolt up easy.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Hope you didnt put this in yet . The pilot bushing for the manual transmission must be removed from the end of the crank or the pilot hub on the torque convertor will not have a place to go and will break the transmission when you try to tighten the bolts or if it does bolt together the pressure from it pushing will destroy the front pump in the tranny . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Elmo

Reaction score
You will also need to remove the clutch pressure plate clutch disk and the flywheel, replace all this with the flexplate/flywheel from your old engine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno