Aod Kickdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAcruddy

Reaction score
I have a '75 EB. currently with a C-4. I want to upgrade to an AOD.

What I have discovered is that the kickdown cable on an AOD is considerably different than that of the C-4. The throttle location is paramount to the proper operation of this transmission. Next throw into the mix, that an Edelbrock carb claims to require a Lokar custum kickdown cable to work with their carb application with an AOD. Between both of these scenario's I am having a few hesitations about taking on this conversion. It appears that this conversion is a little more complex than described in the Tranmission swap article in Bronco Driver Magazine.

Down the road, I definitely would eventually like to swap a 351W with an edelbrock650/manifold some day.

Question: (1) Has any out there converted to an AOD?

Has anyone out there with an AOD replaced their Ford carb with an Edelbrock aftermarket carb?

If so, how much of a pain was this kickdown issue?

(2) What other hurdles am I instore for with this AOD swap?

Any help from anyAOD trail blazers would be appreciated.

thanks-

CAcruddy

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Driveshaft length is also going to be an issue cause the AOD is longer than the C4 . I just converted my 89 from an AOD to a C6 and it was a pain . Different drive shafts , Neutral safety switch wiring, The kickdown system , And the shifter detent in the steering column still isnt right , I had to give up either park or first gear so i went with not having 1st gear till I can find another column . Hope that give ya an idea of what your in for :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula