Always wear a seatbelt!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

Reaction score
While searching my computer for Bronco pictures to add to the gallery, I came across these and decided to make a pitch for safety and seatbelts. Before I got my Bronco, I had a Dodge ('95 SLT, 360 engine, K&N, Flowmaster duals, 5" suspension lift, 35" Pro-Comp MT's, and the list goes on).

P1010038.JPG P1010037.JPG

On my way to work one morning, a guy ran a stop sign and drove under the right side of my truck. When my rear wheel went over his hood at 50 mph, the lifting block popped out and the axle slid back on the spring causing my back wheels to point to the right. The conversion to "rear wheel steering" at highway speed caused the truck to spin and roll over. As you can see from the photo's, it was a very unpleaseant experience and my truck was totaled. Because I was wearing my seatbelt (and with a little help from the Man upstairs), I crawled out the window and walked away without a scratch. My whole body hurt like **** the next day, though!

P1110002.JPG P1110003.JPG P1110004.JPG

P1110007.JPG P1110008.JPG P1110010.JPG

Two lessons learned:

1) ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wear a seatbelt!

2) Don't be a cheap skate. Spend the extra money and get new springs as instead of lifting blocks.

Yardape

Reaction score
Give it try. Let us know how you make out. Dont forget to post pics.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
not wanting to sound like an a***ole but how did the other guy fare. and people wonder why I use my belt even when just crossing the complex to visit a friend

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Reaction score
Other guy was driving a lowered Dodge Durango (why anyone would want to put their truck 2" off the ground with tires that look like they came off a Honda is beyond me). The impact spun him around and he suffered some pretty major front end damage but stayed right side up. Dont know if it was a total loss or not but it was pretty bad. The combination of his lowered and my raised hights allowed his nose to go under my truck. The fact that he at least stopped before pulling out infront of my 5000 pound truck (with bright lights and air horn blasting) probably saved his life. If I had T-boned him, my bumper would have been the same hight as his head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948