ac troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IIniner

Reaction score
the wifes 90 II ac clutch was kicking on and off off at idle on with gas thought low on freon put my gauges on it checked good so took it to shop they said needed new clutch i had them remove freon i installed new compressor an clutch filled with oil new freon never had this happen before even when ihad my jumperwire on to put freon in the ac clutch kicked on and off took forever to charge still have same problem 300 bucks later cools ok when on the gas clutch kicks on an off at idle is there an relay or switch that could cause this i m lost and don t trust the shop

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Standing in front of the vehicle on the left side by the blower motor theres a can looking thing , Its a dessicant material in there for removing moisture Ive been told , Anyway on the left side of that can there is a plug sticking out of the side of it with 2 wires coming out . This is the pressure switch that tells the clutch to engage when the pressure drops it kicks on till the pressure is high enough to shut it off again . If you take this plug and jump it the compressor will run all the time if you unplug it it will never turn on . The thing this plugs into looks like a plastic circle with a metal ring around it , if you grab ahold of it , it will unscrew off there this is the pressure switch . It will look like a big schrader valve sticking out of the side of the can without the switch on it . I dont think the switch cost very much but Im thinking if you replace it your troubles will be gone . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bradt

Reaction score
When you charge the tank, you had the engine running and the A/C on max right? If not, then you may not have gotten enough freon in to keep it running right at idle. When accelerating you're working the compressor harder, so you'll get more pressure, and could be just enough to keep the low pressure switch from tripping.

The clutch should kick on and off while you're charging until you get enough pressure in it to steady off. And yes. It takes forever.

brad

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat