89 Bronco Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texastrucker

Reaction score
i have a 1989 bronco eddie bauer and was wondering with a 3" body lift could i fit a set of 35x12.50's underneath it. If so what modifications, if any, will need to be made. ive just seen people with my type broncos with 3" body lifts and wondered how much stuff they do to fit them. thanksB) B)

Gunner

Reaction score
with just the 3'' body lift you will be able to fit 35X12.5 with out a problem. thats all i have for lift and i dont rub my 35X12.5X15R at all.

G

Thanks man i just got my BFG all terrains in from 4 wheel parts today, glad to hear i dont have to do any trimming or anything, thanks for the help. B)

Windchaser

Reaction score
Are you guys doing anything special with your right steering rod? I have a 1" **** lift and my 31x10.50's rub that &$%ing steering rod at 3/4's right turn.

OP
OP
T

texastrucker

Reaction score
I have brand new 31x10.5's that i bought right before i got the lift and never used... i had them on there to see how they looked and stuff and they didnt come close to naything :huh:

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Are you guys doing anything special with your right steering rod? I have a 1" **** lift and my 31x10.50's rub that &$%ing steering rod at 3/4's right turn.
You might have a bigger problem with your steering. I have 31's on my stock Bronco and they only rub at full lock on both sides.

OP
OP
T

texastrucker

Reaction score
no my 31's dont rub at all without the 3" body lift unless at full right or full left turn.. then its only a little, not even beginning to be a problem... maybe you should just buy my tires, brand new $-) :)>-

Windchaser

Reaction score
You might have a bigger problem with your steering. I have 31's on my stock Bronco and they only rub at full lock on both sides.
What could the problem be that would move my rod out so far? Glad you said something, I have always wondered cuz they are not big 31's. :unsure:

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Yeah Man, you've got a problem somewhere. Too much back spacing on your wheels, or something bad. I'm running 32 x 11.5's with not lift at all, and I don't rub lock to lock.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
sweepersrgr8 is right with the easiest fix with the back spacing. Other thing that could be a problem is your frame *COULD* be tweaked enough to ***** up the front end. Have you had problems getting it aligned?

Windchaser

Reaction score
I had a tie rod go out and but no trouble aligning it afterwards...But, it does drift everynow and then...but my tire tracks are straight...oh man, now I'm wondering :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ...

Windchaser

Reaction score
Now pardon my stupidity here...always learning you know :-B , but what do you mean by back spacing and how do you fix it?

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I should have replied earlier. I ran 35's under my 89 Bronco with a 3" body lift.

I added a 1" coil lift up front to level the truck as well. The 1" coil is used for snow plow weight. If you don't use a snow plow it raises the truck 1" more than stock. The ride quality seemed to stay the same since I went with softer shocks to compensate. All I had to do besides installing the coils was to add ball joint alignemnt shims. This keeps the tires level so they don't stick out at the top and wear out. The only thing I didn't like about the 3" body lift was I would get high centered on the t-case skid plate since all I had was tire height as a lift. I was just about to add a 4" lift to it with 38's but I sold for a down payment for my house.

But I did keep the 68 Bronco, that will never be sold!

1989br_1.jpg

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Forgot to mention. My 35x12.50 tires did not rub at all. You need to get some deep dish wheels so the off set pushs the tires further out to give that wide look.

If the wheels are tucked inside the wheelwell then you have no off set and will rub.

You can always buy or make some wheel spacers if you don't want new rims.

OP
OP
T

texastrucker

Reaction score
So are you saying with my stock rims that came on the truck the 35x12.5's will rub on me? <_< :huh:

Turner

:)>-

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Windchaser:

The answer to your question is in "Broncoholics" post under his picture. He doesn't say "backspacing" but what he is saying is exactly that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula